- Full Time position with an Australian-owned company
- Get a start with a team of ‘real people’ who value work/life balance
- Annual salaries of $80 000-$85 000
Being a Chef in the service industry is different to the normal hospitality lane. (Great news if you’re looking for a fresh start.) It still requires a passion for creating great food, but the emphasis is on ensuring meals are nutritionally balanced to support the energy requirements of demanding roles, such as mining. Getting a start in the industry opens doors to develop greater skills in menu management, large scale food production and more.
As a Chef working for Cater Care you’re considered an essential service worker, so you have peace of mind about job security. You work 14 days on and have 7 days off (with meals, uniforms and accommodation included), giving you a real opportunity to save and get ahead and improve your work/life balance.
This position is available on a drive in drive out basis from Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mackay and the surrounding areas.
What does a day in the life of a Chef at Cater Care look like?
- Food preparation and presentation (breakfast, crib, dinner, dessert and functions)
- Adherence to dietary requirements (allergies, special requests)
- Ensure compliance with our Food Safety Program
- Assist with stock ordering, rotation and stocktaking
- Maintain a clean kitchen, equipment and utensils
- Adherence to legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Fast, effective service provided with a smile
- Assisting the broader team as required
- Demonstrate a strong safety culture aligned with the Cater Care Safety Commitments
To get a start you’ll need:
- Ability to work well independently, as well as with other team members
- A commitment to genuine, friendly customer service
- A motivated, enthusiastic and positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, sometimes for long periods
- Pride in personal appearance & hygiene
- First rate safety focused attitude
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent (high volume bulk cookery experience is highly regarded but is not essential)
Here are 3 things to know about Cater Care:
- Cater Care Australia has been established for over twenty-two years. It is one of Australia’s leading providers of contract catering, accommodation and facility management services and is 100% Australian owned.
- Has a client base and positions available throughout Australia.
- Job opportunities are available in a range of industries: FIFO/DIDO, Healthcare – Nursing Homes, Retirement Villages, Private Schools, Universities and TAFE Colleges, Mining Villages, Industrial Canteens
Get a start with real people at Cater Care
With a unique culture that is directly attributed to the people. Cater Care values workplace diversity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people are encouraged to apply. To learn more about Cater Care and the job opportunities available across Australia, visit the Cater Care website to view the company Values, learn about ‘The Cater Care Way’ and a range of employee benefits.
Employee Benefits Program includes:
- Corporate Health Fund Rates
- Travel Club Getaways
- Discounted Car Hire
- Discount Gift Cards
- JB Hi-Fi Corporate Discounts
If you are seeking a professional career and great working conditions, please send your resume and cover letter by clicking the "Apply for this job" tab or via our website www.catercare.com.au [link removed].
Note: Successful applicants will need to have or be willing to obtain a police clearance and undertake a pre-employment medical assessment.