- Competitive Salary on Offer
- Excellent Roster-7 Day on 7 Day Off
- Exciting Career Development & Internal Transfer Opportunities
Cater Care Services are looking for experienced Chefs to join our team at our remote mining village in Emerald, Queensland.
The roles are available on 7 day on 7 day off rosters, both drive in drive out from the local area and fly in fly out from Brisbane.
Bulk cooking buffet style, preparing a variety of meals across Breakfast, Crib and Dinner.
You will be provided the opportunity to display your culinary skills, your passion for food and showcase your creativity.
What this role involves:
- Bulk cooking buffet style from 30 up to 500 guests
- Preparing and executing a variety of meals across breakfast, crib, pastry, dinner and functions
- Provide fast, effective service with a friendly demeanor in our open kitchens
- Ability to understand and control food costs, wastage and levels
- Assistance with stock ordering and rotation
- Adherence to legislated food hygiene and general safety practices
- Create and execute fresh food that looks good and tastes great every time
What we require from you:
- Certificate III or IV Commercial Cookery or Trade Certificate (International qualifications must be formally recognised in Australia)
- Previous experience in a high volume catering environment - production, bulk, banquet is highly desirable however not essential
- Flexibility to do day and night shifts
- Ability to work efficiently alone and as part of a team
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol screening
- National Police Clearance within a 6 month period or willing to obtain
Why work for us:
We have a unique culture that can only be attributed to the people that work for us. To assist you in deciding whether you would like to work for us, please head over to our website to view our EVP, Values, The Cater Care Way and Employee Benefits.
Cater Care values Workplace Diversity, and we recognise that we are strengthened by it. We invite all to apply to our roles, and we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islands people to consider a career with us.
Please click “Apply for this job”. If your work history aligns with the key selection criteria for the role, one of our recruitment coordinators will be in touch.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to satisfy one or more of the following; a national criminal history check, a thorough pre-employment / coal board medical and/or have or obtain a Standard 11, S123 or G2 certification.