Drive and Deliver
Hanson an industry leader in construction materials are seeking Concrete Batchers and HR or HC truck drivers to operate our Rigid and Semi Agitator trucks. Whilst you will predominantly be based out of our Mackay Concrete Plant, you will at times be required to help out other plants within that region, so flexibility is a must! We are looking for drivers who are passionate about safety and have a strong work ethic. Effective communication and a willingness to go the extra mile for our customers is essential. These are full time roles, Monday to Friday, with standard hours of work being 5am - 3:00/5:00pm, with all other hours being paid at overtime rates, including rostered Saturday mornings. Experience is preferred, however training will be provided to successful candidates.
In your new role with us, you will:
- Operate and maintain the latest Mack and Iveco trucks
- Loading and delivery of concrete to our customers
- Earn annual bonuses for safe, clean and efficient work practices
- General truck and concrete plant duties
This role is a great fit for you if you:
- Hold a valid minimum HR drivers licence
- Commercial driving experience preferred but not essential
- Are self-motivated and take pride in your truck
- Can efficiently support individual customer requests
- Enjoy being part of a results driven environment
- Have a high regard for safety policies and procedures
What we offer:
- You will be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate
- Overtime paid at penalty rates plus daily allowances.
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Drive regularly serviced and well maintained fleet
- Comprehensive training provided to be successful in your position
- Be part of highly recognised global brand name and growing organisation
- Ongoing career and development opportunities
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening. Random drug and alcohol tests are conducted on all Hanson premises.
Hanson Australia is an equal opportunity employer, and we employ people from all walks of life. We're all individuals and we encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those from diverse cultural backgrounds, LGBTQI+ community, as long as you have full Australian work rights and can turn up every day "fit for work", then we'd love to hear from you.