We have an opportunity for a Reliability Engineer – Mechanical to join our team in Gladstone. Australia’s largest cement plant, the major assets include a 1.7 million tonne per year capacity clinker kiln, a lime kiln, two cement mills and significant material handling equipment including stacking, reclaiming, product packaging, road and rail dispatch and bulk ship-loading.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the performance optimization of current assets in your area through continuous improvement processes, including plant upgrades, while also providing technical support to the Mechanical Maintenance team. The assets in your area include cement mills, distribution and ship loader.
About the role:
As a Reliability Engineer - Mechanical you will:
- Actively participate in site safety, ensuring health and safety is the first consideration during all maintenance activities
- Review asset breakdown data and develop a sound strategy to action recurring defects
- Review asset costs within area of control so that action can be taken to avoid cost blow out.
- Identify cost reductions in areas of control so that action can be taken to avoid cost blow out
- Promote the culture of continuous improvement, generating ideas to improve plant, process and people performance. Lead the implementation of improvement ideas
- Manage and update mechanical asset life plans
- Manage maintenance Root Cause Analysis investigations and outcomes
- Provide engineering support to the capital projects
- Identify and manage cement plant mechanical risks to ensure achievement of reliability and availability targets, ensure identified risks are communicated /reported in a timely manner
- Develop a process that identifies end of life assets.
- Realise cost saving ideas that will increase tool time
- Develop and review mechanical maintenance methods and Inspection Test Plans
- Develop advanced reliability strategy based on Reliability Centered Maintenance principles
- Assist with development of weekly maintenance plans
- Assess and utilise condition monitoring principles to highlight equipment that is failing or in the process of failing.
- Review, manage and build task lists and Bills of Materials into SAP.
- Degree qualified in mechanical engineering
- 7+ years asset management experience in a manufacturing environment (cement experience highly advantageous)
- 7+ years maintenance management experience in a manufacturing environment
- 7+ years experience in maintenance of major cement grinding mills including trunnions, bearings and drive systems such as gearboxes and girth gears (highly advantageous)
- Experience in condition monitoring, including vibration analysis, NDT techniques and oil analysis
- Experience in clinker manufacturing and all associated equipment, including kilns, crushers and vertical roller mills
- Highly developed reliability skills with a background in reliability centred maintenance, condition-based maintenance and failure analysis
- Ability to perform plant troubleshooting and facilitate Root Cause Analysis
- Sound people skills and communication skills
- Familiar with MS Office and proficient with SAP
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Permanent, fulltime opportunity
- Join Australia's largest integrated cement plant
- Salary package that includes bonus potential
- Benefits that include novated leasing, product discounts, EAP program and parental leave
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Cement Australia requests all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.