We are currently looking for Registered Nurses for short-term contracts. Starting from 6-week contracts, with assistance with flights and accommodation, we have flexible options to suit you.
Mercy Community Aged Care Rockhampton supports and inspires people in need to live healthy lives within inclusive communities. Providing both high & low care, our residential facilities offer a range of services and believe a big part of what we do is to help our residents flourish, knowing what is important to them and their individual needs. We have flexible shifts available to suit your lifestyle and as a not-for-profit you will enjoy the benefits of salary packaging to increase your take home pay.
About your role:
As a motivated and passionate Registered Nurse, you’ll provide person-centred care to our residents. You’ll work collaboratively within a professional team to provide excellent care and to improve the independence and quality of life of all residents. You will:
- Provide safe and competent clinical management and nursing interventions in accordance with recognised standards of practice
- Monitor and oversee staff practices to ensure a coordinated approach to resident care
- Ensure residents, their families and significant others are included in the care planning process and engaged in any decision affecting the resident
- Coordinate and monitor the planning, implementation and evaluation of service outcomes and nursing care standards
- Prepare ANACC documentation so that funding is optimised
- Registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
- Experience in leading a team and supervising staff
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, visa holder with no work restrictions or have the applicable ANMAC occupation code to seek sponsorship opportunities
- Current Police Check
Why choose Mercy Community?
Mercy Community appreciates the important work that each person contributes to the success of our programs and services. Being part of the Mercy team, means you have access to some fantastic benefits, such as:
- Annual salary of $71,691.26 - $87,581.26 depending on experience
- Possibility of up to 3 months accommodation & relocation assistance offered
- Provide the opportunity to increase your take home pay through the use of salary sacrificing and other packaging benefits - up to $18,550 per annum is available to take advantage of!
- Provide access to novated leases for a vehicle to help reduce your taxable income
- Paid compliance checks
- Provide you and your immediate family free, professional and confidential counselling services. This includes specialised First Nations counsellors
- Supportive team culture
- Discounted gym and other leisure/lifestyle membership
- Corporate health fund premium discounts
Depending on your role, you may also be eligible:
- For annual influenza and/or other vaccination reimbursements
- To receive pay bonus’ of $500 for successful employee referrals
We also ensure all our employees have access to a wide variety of excellent learning and development tools to continue your professional and personal development. This includes making sure you have access to plenty of other career pathways and opportunities in our other programs and services across Mercy.
How to apply:
We are a welcoming and inclusive organisation and encourage everyone from all cultural backgrounds to apply. If we sound like the right organisation for you and you would like to find out more, simply click on the following link - https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS11331, attach your resume, answer some quick questions, and your application will be on its way.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, and we hope to be in contact with you soon.
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit organisation, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment.
We, and the Sisters of Mercy Brisbane Congregation before us, have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities. Please visit our website to find out more about our dedicated team and the work we do.
Mercy Community is committed to Safeguarding - taking actions to promote and ensure the welfare of children and adults at risk, protect them from abuse or neglect and supporting an awareness of whole community responsibility to help and protect all in need.
Please note: Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
We are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has accepted an offer of employment.