About the role
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton has been supporting the health of people living in and around Rockhampton for more than a century. Our heritage-listed Kenmore building was purchased by the Sisters of Mercy in 1915 and opened as the first Mater Misericordiae Hospital in Central Queensland on 14 November.
Today, our 136-bed facility features five operating theatres, private emergency services and a wide range of specialised clinical services.
Mater Private Hospital Rockhampton's perioperative services comprise five operating complexes, seven recovery bays and a central sterilising Unit.
The Theatre Complex provides pre- and post-operative recovery room care and specialised endoscopic and laparoscopic procedures. The surgical case mix includes orthopaedic, obstetric, gynecologic, ENT, oral, urology, paediatric, general, vascular, spinal and ophthalmic surgery.
We currently have multiple opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our perioperative team in the following areas of expertise:
- Scrub/Scout (orthopaedics experience would be an advantage, but all specialities welcome);
- Catheterisation Laboratory
- Anaesthetics; and
Shifts are predominately Monday to Friday, but some weekend shifts may be required. On-call responsibilities are also a feature of this role. This position is being offered on a full-time, part-time, or casual basis.
As a Registered Nurse in the Theatre Department, you will provide patient-centred nursing care in collaboration with other health professionals and significant others to ensure safe, efficient, and effective patient management within the Operating Theatres.
Permanent salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 per hour commensurate with experience. The appropriate salary will be dependent on the period of relevant prior experience. Casual rates attract an additional 25% loading.
You will enjoy working in a busy and rewarding environment where you can become part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care.
To be successful in this position, you will:
- Have registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Have nursing experience within a perioperative setting or have transferable skills that can be developed with professional training;
- Evidence of COVID vaccinations and commitment to maintaining boosters; and
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or have a perioperative ANMAC occupation code for sponsorship purposes.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate, driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible to operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and consider the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym and lifestyle/leisure centre memberships
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
- Discounted health fund premiums
Need to relocate? You can email Employment-CQ@mater.org.au to request a call to discuss what options may be available to you.
Be sure to submit your application as soon as possible, as there is no nominated closing date. Mater Rockhampton is keen to fill these roles as quickly as possible. Therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as suitable candidates have accepted these roles.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their relocation expenses.
- Mater will not accept CVs or introductions from Agencies except on invitation. Any unsolicited openings will not be considered valid for this campaign's duration.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."