Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
Join one of the most loved charities in Australia -Well-established industry leading aged care provider with 21 sites nationally -Above Award Wages with generous Not For Profit tax benefits (also for casuals) -Up to six weeks annual leave -Exercise your clinical judgement as a true health professional -Take your leadership qualities to the next level with Salvos -Comprehensive new graduate program with flexible entry times -Supportive and Inclusive team environment We are seeking a committed Registered Nurse who will provide clinical leadership in the delivery of individualised care to residents, enhancing their health and spiritual well-being at our aged care centre.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the role of Registered Nurse, you will provide clinical supervision and be responsible for coordinating the delivery of safe, effective and individualised care to our care recipients and their families (including managing staff and physical resources) and assisting residents to lead an active and meaningful life as independently as possible in keeping with the Salvation Army's Mission, Vision and Values.
As a Registered Nurse with the Salvation Army Aged Care you will:
- Complete relevant documentation in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care needs of residents.
- Maintain good clinical records and accurate documentation to ensure legal adequacy and the completion of AN-ACC requirements.
- Maintain appropriate ordering, management and administration of medications in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Comply with the conditions, amendments and regulations of related acts e.g. Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 1996.
- Liaise with doctors and other health professionals and follow directions for administration of medications and treatments in accordance with legislative guidelines.
- Complete the necessary reports, Care Plans and other documentation required.
To be considered for this role, ideally we are looking for:
- An understanding, empathy, appreciation and the ability to promote the values and ethos of The Salvation Army.
- Current unrestricted registration with Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Demonstrated aged care experience, the ability to work as part of a team and promote education and leadership in aged care
- Understanding of and commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Experience in developing care plans
- An understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards
- An understanding of AN-ACC
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated well developed computer and documentation skills
- National NDIS worker screening check
Ask us about available incentives, including retention bonus of $4,000 for new Registered Nurses joining Bethesda Aged Care Centre.
We would love to hear from you - call Kirsten 0448 656 646
Registered Nurses at the Salvation Army Aged Care enjoy:
Above Award wages + super + allowances & shift penalties
- Access to generous Not For Profit salary packaging of up to $15,900 per year
- Access to relocation benefits through salary packaging options
- Access to meal and entertainment benefits of up to $2,650 through salary packaging
- Comprehensive new graduate program with flexible entry times
- Up to six weeks annual leave for RNs - when working flexible AMs and/or PMs, and/or nights and/or weekends
- No rotating rosters with Salvos, we will support you to achieve work-life balance
- Paid parental leave
- Salvos Wellness app and program, including access to Fitness Passport
- Salvos Rewards - Access to exclusive financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the 'Apply' button below to be taken to our online application process.
Please note: COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of employment at The Salvation Army Aged Care.
Applications will be reviewed on receipt and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Job offers will be subject to a National Criminal History Check as per Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.