Your life's best work!
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Registered Nurse to join our team located at GenesisCare Rockhampton on a casual basis. This enables you to have the flexibility to work when you want to plus you'll be paid at a higher rate.
You will provide and coordinate best practice Oncology nursing services and support the delivery of exceptional patient experience by responding to patient needs as part of a supportive multidisciplinary team.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide excellent patient care, ensuring their physical and psychological needs are met
- Undertake direct patient care including education, assessments, wound management, and drug administration as per practice protocol
- Facilitate effective lines of communication with doctors, patient services, physics, and radiation therapy staff and provide feedback to the doctors and radiation therapy staff as relevant regarding their patients.
- Monitor and maintain procedures, protocols, practices, and clinical guidelines in line with best practice radiation oncology nursing standards.
- Establish communication for allied health services using the ISBAR communication tool to all allied health services along with documented supporting evidence.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Contribution towards cost of your relocation
- Elevated casual rate
- Regional BONUS - $5000 after 2 years of service, $7500 after 3 years, $8,500 after 4, $10,000 after 5 years
- Priority over internal transfers to our metro clinics after 2 years of service
- Contribution towards any social, sporting and community membership fees for your first year of service
- Modern facility and team focused culture
- No shift work, weekends or public holidays required
- Internal career development opportunities globally
- All employees and their family members have access to free confidential support that is completely external to GenesisCare including financial, nutritional and wellbeing coaching, legal advice & counselling
- Learn and grow with our award-winning development programs
- Free access to thousands of LinkedIn training courses
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a nurse or eligibility for registration
- Oncology background/knowledge of radiation therapy and medical oncology desirable but not essential for the right candidate
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to the application of quality improvement and best practice principles, including the National Safety and Quality Health Standards.
- Commitment to continuing professional development
- Experience in acute care would be beneficial
We are the largest private Oncology provider in the world, employing over 6000+ highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff across the United States, Australia, Spain and the United Kingdom, designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer. Our dedicated teams treat more than 1 million patients annually.
People centricity is at the heart of what we do whether that person is a patient, a referring doctor, a partner or someone in our team. We aim to build culture of care that is patient focused and performance driven. Our people promise is "do your life's best work, by always growing, having a profound human impact and making great things happen together." If you'd like to make a difference, join us at GenesisCare.
Covid 19 Vaccination Requirement
In line with the Public Health Order, all GenesisCare employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. To be eligible for consideration to perform work for GenesisCare, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination and comply with the requirements of the Public Health Order prior to appointment.