About the role
The Mater Private Hospital Mackay is currently seeking multiple dedicated and experienced Registered Nurses to join their team in the Emergency Care Centre.
The Mater Private Hospital Mackay Emergency Care Centre is open from 8am to 10am, 7 days a week and is a fee-for-service emergency centre run by experienced emergency doctors and nursing staff, providing both adult and paediatric emergency services.
Mater Private Hospital Mackay has been providing excellence in clinical and pastoral care to the people of Mackay and surrounds since 1927. Located on the northern bank of the Pioneer River since 2003, our hospital is a modern 105 bed facility featuring five operating theatres, a fully equipped day surgery unit, and a wide range of specialist clinical services.
Salary range: $40.27 - $51.74 (RN1) per hour plus superannuation and access to not-for-profit salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking dynamic and adaptable Registered Nurses who will be motivated by a challenging and fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will enjoy working in a busy and rewarding environment where you can become part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care.
The successful applicants will have:
- Currently AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Recent nursing experience (at least 1-year post-graduate experience)
- Previous experience in emergency nursing would be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and clinical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to continued quality improvement and best practice principles
Why join us?
Mater is Queensland’s largest and most innovative not-for-profit healthcare service, providing care for almost 700,000 patients a year across a network of 11 hospitals.
We are a leader in healthcare, education and research — and that’s because we employ exceptional people. #MAKEYOURMATERMOVE
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increase your take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses via salary packaging
- Access to leading education and professional development via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business/venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation/Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Find out more about living in Central Queensland by visiting our Local Living page.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.