A Bit About Us
Port Curtis Medical Centre is a fast-paced GP clinic, servicing the community with four experienced general practitioners and five nurses.
We are currently looking for a friendly, reliable, hard-working, qualified nurse to join our supportive team.
The successful applicant will possess the following Attributes:
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge and skill in relation to nursing care, relevant to experience and scope of practice.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of team and as part of a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with patients and colleagues.
- Dependable with ability to adapt to unexpected changes.
- Vibrant, motivated and well organised.
- Have great work initiative and show a willingness to learn.
- Posses the ability to work independently at times.
- Previous nursing experience is favorable.
- Current Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Registered or Enrolled Nursing qualifications
This position involves:
- General nursing care including general observations, ECG's, urinalysis etc
- Assisting doctors with multiple sterile procedures.
- Sterilisation is all performed in house.
- Care plans - chronic illness, mental health.
- Wound care - acute and chronic.
- Vaccination - childhood, travel, catch up, COVID-19, influenza. (Having your COVID-19 vaccination certificate in favorable however not required.)
- Skin cancer prevention - use of a Molemax machine. (Knowledge of machine not required).
- Pre-employment and Coal Mine Workers Health Care medicals, including spirometry, audiology, drug and alcohol screening. (Qualifications in spirometry and DAS collection favourable however not required)
- Telephonic discussions - results, follow up, assistance and triage of patient concerns.
Orientation will include training and education of all of the above.
If you have critical attention to detail, outstanding customer service and you’re confident and caring, please send your resume through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact Nikita on 07 4972 1111