As Australia's largest producer and refiner of solar salt, Cheetham Salt offers reliable salt products to a broad range of industries including the industrial, food, stockfeed, hide and pool sectors.
Our Bajool Operations is currently seeking permanent Manufacturing team members who will be responsible for the preparation of bulk and bagged product. If you just graduated school or are looking for a new career, this job is for you! We don’t require any prior Industrial Manufacturing experience and will fully train you on procedures, equipment and systems – including helping you obtain a forklift license.
Bajool and Port Alma are about 40km south of Rockhampton and 40 km north of Gladstone. We are committed to being a values driven business and provide a workplace where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse backgrounds.
We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options and a generous paid parental leave policy.
Reporting to the Senior Refinery controller you will perform all duties and be responsible for:
- Maintaining safe work practices,
- Operating equipment to produce bulk and bagged products (bagging, wrapping, warehousing)
- Operation of a pallet wrapper and warehousing duties
- Reliable attendance and own a car
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Available to work on a rotating day/night roster
- Competent in completing all required paperwork
- A desire and willingness to undertake competency-based training to gain necessary skills
What's on offer
- Competitive Rates and allowances
- Participation in a bonus program
- Ongoing regular overtime and allowances
- Full training provided on equipment, systems and procedures
- Career progression
If this sounds like you and you’d like to learn more about the role, please click the ‘apply’ button and provide both your resume and cover letter. Upon receipt of your application, you will receive an email with our pre-screening questions. (Please ensure you check your junk email).
Only applicants with unrestricted rights to work in Australia will be considered. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing and background checks, including a police check as part of our process.