- Dynamic, fast paced and supportive culture
- Full time permanent position
- Based in Mackay or work remotely from Brisbane
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Flexibility to travel required
Metarock Group Limited is a leading mining services group providing a diverse range of services and products to underground operations across Australia. With origins dating back to 1996, and headquartered in Mackay, Metarock has grown to become one of the most trusted names in Australian Underground Mining and is the parent company of four established mining services companies - Mastermyne, Pybar Mining Services, Wilson Mining and MyneSight (Registered Training Organisation).
Our recruitment/HR team is a shared service with plenty of opportunity to work across all of our underground contracting businesses in coal, hard rock, training and chemical injection. Our Recruitment Officers provide on-the-ground, end-to-end recruitment to support to our operation teams and work as business partners with our project managers to attract and engage a quality workforce who resonate the real and genuine values of our Company. This position is diverse, offering plenty of opportunity to work across a broad portfolio whilst dovetailing in with our other functional support teams. The role is demanding, we set high expectations however you will reap the rewards and satisfaction of delivering great results for our contracts. Success in the role is critical to us in meeting our client expectations and delivering our Company’s strategic goals.
The successful candidate will be a tenacious self-starter who enjoys taking ownership within an ever-changing environment. You will be solutions-focused, be able to prioritise and organise your time efficiently and manage stakeholder expectations to enable you to deliver the right people within agreed mobilisation timeframes.
Being highly personable, energetic and service-orientated with a good sense of humour will make a good fit for our team. Essential to your success in this role will be demonstrated recruitment and mobilisation experience, and most importantly you’re someone who sees true value in the role of a recruiter. You understand as recruiters we own the candidate / employee experience and will work hard to uphold our employer brand as being one of high regard.
Minimum skills required to succeed in our Recruitment Officer role:
- Combined industry experience working in-house and agency-side desirable;
- Implementing effective resourcing strategies to attract and retain high quality candidates;
- High volume recruitment for mining, construction or engineering contract projects;
- Managing induction processes and the on-boarding of new starters;
- Applying HR/Recruitment/HSEQ systems and processes;
- Maintaining an existing candidate database.
- 100% reimbursement for the cost of approved courses and study;
- Paid study days for University study;
- Mastermyne tailored in-house designed leadership programs;
- 2 Year anniversary watch + gifts for additional years of service;
- Baby Benefit: Mum’s baby bonus & Secondary Caregiver's new arrival leave can help parents support their family;
- A Bloody Great Cause, be rewarded by Mastermyne each time you reach a Red Cross Blood Donation Milestone;
- Hospital Help – have $250 contributed towards your private health hospital excess;
- Business improvement, safety and innovation rewards;
- Family Christmas parties & Employee Christmas gifts;
- Group Income Protection Insurance & discounted premiums for Mastermyne employees;
- Salary Packaging & Motor Vehicle Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Emergency shelter accommodation and paid domestic violence leave.
Metarock prides itself on “growing our own” and with our recent diversification that’s resulted in our business now having a national footprint there is plenty of opportunity to grow! Our long history of recognising our valued employees and encouraging our people to take ownership of their development has seen employees advance their careers to more senior roles. This Recruiter role is a natural successor to our Senior Recruiter role and will suit a career-driven professional hungry to make their mark.
Apply now online or for a confidential conversation please contact Jannah Gaviglio, Recruitment and Mobilisation Manager on 07 4963 0439.