SJC Long Island
Office of the Executive Dean
We are looking for a Front Desk Representative with exceptional customer service skills and professional phone manner to undertake all receptionist and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will greet all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality. The goal is to make all who enter feel welcomed and directed to the correct department while on our campus.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet and direct visitors in a friendly and welcoming manner
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them to proper department
- Sort and deliver mail which involves walking
- Maintain postage machine, and order postage supplies
- Maintain copy machine functions, add paper on a daily basics
- Run off mail, certified mail, for Dean’s Office
- Handle UPS and FedEx packages, using correct budget code and paperwork
- Keep front desk neat and presentable
- Typing when necessary
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience as front desk representative
- Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, copy machines, postage machine etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word)
- Skill in creating Mail Merge through MS Excel and Word to create letters and labels
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong verbal skills - High level of customer service skills – there will be constant interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff, and outside vendors
- High School Grad / Bachelor’s degree
Must cover Weekend College 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. two Saturdays a month.
All resumes should be sent electronically to: email@example.com.
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.