ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is one of the reputable regional councils committed to continuous growth and diversity, presenting a wide range of opportunities to live, work, invest and play.
Based in Central Queensland, Australia. The region encompasses an area of around 60,000 square kilometers, making it just short of the size of Tasmania.
Rich in minerals and agriculture, thriving on irrigation sourced from water storage on the Nogoa and Comet rivers. We claim the largest sapphire-producing fields in the Southern Hemisphere.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Rates Coordinator (Revenue) you should have extensive experience in local government rating systems, experience, and understanding of local government legislations relevant to rating systems, ideally with leadership experience or ready to take this step. You will strategically be partnering with the Manager Finance to lead the development and strength of these critical revenue-raising functions and is responsible for the integrity of the council’s rate book and associated processes. Your key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Rates Team to ensure accurate and timely generation and issuance of rate notices in accordance with statutory requirements and the council’s budget resolution
- Overseeing council’s rating functions, ensuring compliance to statutory frameworks.
- Strong leadership experience
- Delivers continuous improvement and exceptional customer service
- Implement and monitor effective internal controls within the council’s rates and charges functions to provide appropriate financial governance for the council and ensure key person risk is mitigated
- Manage the modeling and analysis of rate revenue as part of the annual budget development process
- Initiate an efficient functioning of the reporting of revenue levying and collections in line with statutory and accounting requirements
- A leadership minded and excellent in customer experience environment
- Well-developed and technical knowledge and experience in Technology One’s one council property and rating system
- Work with a high performing team and display the ability to provide analysis and modeling for financial reports and budgets
- Opportunity to lead a dedicated team and develop a strong team Being confident in decision-making by proving strategical analysis
WHAT'S ON OFFER?
- Rostered days off
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Comprehensive learning and development program
- 'Growth' program - reach your full potential
- Salary sacrificing and salary packaging options
To register your interest, please click “APPLY” and attach your resume and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and motivation for applying for this position
Confidential inquiries can be directed to:
Shella Ciano - Talent Acquisition Specialist
Kingston Human Capital
07 3497 4757