The position will be required to:
• Master and Engineer on “Reef Resilience”.
• Operate and maintain vessels and participate in vessel patrols, including patrols for extended periods for up to 130 days at sea;
• Participate in work programs across the region; including those relating to vessel crewing/operation, fire control, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure maintenance;
• Work cooperatively with Traditional owners and other agencies and participate in patrols on board vessels operated by other agencies;
• Undertake work in remote areas;
• Operate in accordance with the Department Code of Conduct.
This position may be required to:
• Undertake and supervise SCUBA diving activities;
• Fly in light fixed wing and rotary wing aircraft; and
• Handle potentially dangerous wildlife.
You must have the following mandatory qualifications:
• Current AMSA Master
• Current AMSA Marine Engine Driver (MED) Grade 2 Certificate of Competency
It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a unrestricted manual drivers licence.
In addition to the mandatory requirements, it is desirable that the successful applicant holds the following accreditation;
• Senior First Aid certificate
• Wildfire Suppression and Prescribed Burning Level 1
• Unrestricted Agricultural Chemical Distribution Certificate
• Chainsaw operators accreditation (Level 1 & 2)
• Operation of specialised equipment such as ATV/ side by side, Forklift and Bobcat.
• Departmental Law Enforcement (Level 1) accreditation
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/435282/22
Closing Date: Monday, 22 August 2022