Council is seeking to appoint a permanent full time Quarries Supervisor to contribute to Council’s success.
- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday
- Located in Gladstone Region
- 9-day fortnight
- Attractive Salary and benefits
About the Role
This is a key strategic role required to provide critical site management and leadership within the Gladstone Regional Council Quarry Operations and to ensure that all legislative quarry compliance obligations are being met.
Your role will include:
- Managing, maintaining and rehabilitating various quarry operations around the Gladstone Region.
- Report Writing and mine record maintenance.
- Manage quarry stock inventories.
- Manage and monitor budgets relevant to quarry operations.
- Promoting a positive Workplace Health and Safety culture and ensure active compliance and maintenance of safety and health management systems.
- Developing your career in local government
- Being present, pro-active and solutions-focused and recognise that the community is the core of our business.
You will bring:
1. Site Senior Executive qualification.
2. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the mining/quarrying environment, with a strong culture of safety leadership.
3. A strong working knowledge of Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations 2011, Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999 (Qld), Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Regulation 2017.
4. High level communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills to successfully engage and influence management, employees and stakeholders.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
6. Sound communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
7. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
8. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Friday 2 December 2022