- Brand new QLD Coal Gladstone Traincrew Depot
- Become part of history and join our inaugural Gladstone crew
- Work and play – more work/life balance offerings
Pacific National is excited to announce we have a NEW depot opening in Gladstone! With our exciting growth strategy already in play we are positioned for future success expanding our service offerings with existing customers and partnering with new customers across a broad range of industries and we need YOU to join our crew. We need YOU to help keep Australia moving and to deliver what matters to our customers.
What’s on offer?
We have listened to our employees and worked with the business to introduce a new improved EA.
Some of the great things on offer.
- Current 6 on / 3 off roster but moving to greater work life balance with proposed 6/4 roster
- Yearly 6% Retention Bonus
- Reduced lift up and lay back
- All-purpose rate
- 12 weeks primary caregiver leave at full rate
- Transition to retirement options
- Improved Job shared arrangements
- New Mentor / Assessor roles
- Full time employees have options to work from other depots with allowances
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- A team who values diversity, inclusion and the contribution of each team member
**Please note we are running open days in Gladstone on the 28th and 29th March an opportunity for you to drop in to talk to Peter Cowan (Regional Manager Blackwater System - QLD Coal), members from his local team and People & Culture. Please apply via the link below and we will be in touch with further details**
Who are we seeking?
- YOU will love driving trains
- YOU be passionate about safety and display safe working practices across all aspects of your role
- YOU will enjoy the flexibility that shift work provides
- YOU will be a team player
- YOU will be looking to join Australia’s largest freight rail company that continues to grow and keeps Australia moving
What will you need?
- Current Cert IV in Train Driving
- Current full drivers licence
- Demonstrated safe working history
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to be part of our new A-list Gladstone train crew
When will Gladstone Depot open?
Commencement of the depot operation is expected in Q4 of 2022 with an interim sign-on location with a dedicated new depot established in 2023.
You’re interested, what are the next steps?
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,200 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
We continue to provide a dynamic, innovative, growth-focused environment and we are a company that lives and breathes its values of : Make it simple, Share more, Kindness, Gratitude, Curiosity, and Own it. These values help us achieve strong connections with everyone we work with and play an important part in motivating us all to do our best work.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers.
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.