Qualified Train Driver - Wilmar Sugar
- Full time, Permanent Role
- Mackay based
- Prestigious Seasonal Work - Take time off during the off Season
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
Pacific National re-commenced rail haulage for Wilmar this year from approximately May/June 2023. Wilmar owns and operates 8 sugar mills in North and Central Queensland. Wilmar’s haulage requirement extends for approximately 6 months, aligned to the sugar crushing season. Pacific National will operate trains from Townsville and Mackay depots to service the opportunity.
As a result of this contract we are seeking qualified Locomotive Drivers for Mackay. If you share our values of Safety, Teamwork, Integrity and Accountability we would like to hear from you.
The seasons in Townsville usually commence during the months of April - June.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, customer, people and teamwork and performance.
- Qualified Locomotive Driver (Cert IV or equivalent)
- North Coast system route competent – desirable
- Hold current QLD safe work - desirable
- Display a high regard for safety and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Willing to undertake ongoing training and development activities
- Current drivers license
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: Own it, make it simple, share more, kindness, gratitude and curiosity and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Do you need reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process?
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please outline at the time of your application.
Applications close on the 3rd December 2023.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers.
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.