- Your opportunity to join a winning team! Recently awarded "Best Overall Business" at the Gladstone Best In Business Awards 2022.
Central Lane Hotel is located in Gladstone QLD. Gladstone is an export hub through shipping along with several processing plants. The Hotel is located in the CBD and has recently reopened after a major development along with repositioning in the market. Now completed, the 2 level Hotel has a purpose-built car park, new gaming room, relocated and modern kitchen, expansive outdoor dining along with a private dining room. Ground level bar with TAB and Keno facilities. The upper level is a family friendly recreational environment boasting the latest AMF bowling alley, karaoke room along with F&B facility. Our authentic hospitality approach is our foundation which requires a team approach to training and support. As a sole independent hotelier, the hotel is based on real hospitality and good old-fashioned service.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in a busy kitchen environment is highly advantageous, though not essential
- Great attention to detail with food presentation a must
- Ability to work closely with a head chef, senior management and other kitchen staff
- Able to communicate effectively and openly within that kitchen environment
- Capacity to learn in the role and put new learnings into action quickly
Tasks & Responsibilities
- You will be answerable to the Hotel Head Chef. Working in sync with the Venue Manager, Assistant Manager & other Duty Managers on a day-to-day basis
- Must be responsible, reliable, flexible and hard working with passion and an interest in the success of the business
- Ability to problem solve and find solutions
- Capable to take control and ownership of your role and to communicate with all team members in a professional manner
- The role will include working some split shifts, weekends and also public holidays for the right candidate
- Working with the Events team to create and execute potentially both meal & platter options for all manner of functions
- Display a willingness to learn and or share your knowledge both from and with others around them
- Work with a team of like-minded and passionate people, in a role that is evolving with the benefit to build on your skills and experience
- This role has the ability to be flexible, but ultimately it is a role working split shifts, with the venue trading 7 days a week for both lunch and dinner
- Competitive skill-based employment package
- Room to move in the role
For more information and to apply for this role, click the "Apply for this job now" button and upload your Resume.