About Xtreme Engineering
Xtreme Engineering is a local Gladstone Company that continues to grow with a current workforce specialising in all aspects of construction, fabrication, installation, maintenance, erection, onshore and offshore construction, demolition projects, shutdowns, and maintenance services.
About the Role
Xtreme Engineering is seeking an experienced QA/QC Welding Supervisor qualified to AS1796 Cert 10 or Welding Inspector to join their team in Gladstone.
This role would be reporting and assisting directly to our QA/QC Manager and liasing with the workshop and site-based team members.
- Gladstone Based
- Immediate Commencement
- Permanent Full-Time Position
- Monday – Friday / 48hr Standard Week
- Provide technical advice and assistance to the Project team on all quality related activities
- Implement project quality management system, quality plans and ITP’s
- Liaise with client inspection representatives, undertaking routine surveillance
- Perform inspections in accordance with relevant standards, codes, drawings and specifications.
- Perform inspection testing activities in accordance with relevant standards, codes, drawings and specifications.
- Undertake site inspection and verification process in line with project scope and relevant ITP’s.
- Coordinate inspection subcontractor/s activities.
- Review testing reports for compliance and content
- Assist with the production, completion and collation of relevant verification documentation
- Prepare MDR & quality assurance records and ensure qualification records are maintained and client approved
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Current Welding Supervisor Qualification (AS1796 Certificate 10 as a minimum)
- Experience in a similar QA/QC role
- Engineering Trade or Tertiary Qualifications
- NACE Qualifications (desirable)
- Knowledge in GTAW, MMAW, FCAW, GMAW
- Knowledge of Australian Standards and ASME Codes relating to structural steel, pressure equipment and storage tanks
- Experienced and familiar with ISO and AS/NZS weld symbols.
- Sound computer skills with the ability to confidently and effectively use MS Word, Excel and other relevant software.
- Must have strong communication skills to liaise with internal and external customers
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
Attractive remuneration will be discussed with shortlisted candidates based on experience.
All applicants must submit a Resume outlining qualifications and current work experience.
Only successful applicants will be notified.
Preferred method of application:
Apply via seek or email firstname.lastname@example.org