We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity for a Projects QA/QC Advisor -SMP will see you join a reputable company with a highly experienced team who work together to develop and provide solutions for our customers.
About the role
Provide Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) services to the projects team, including supporting subcontractors/suppliers to maintain an acceptable level of quality to the client. You will:
- Work with the Superintendent - Projects in the development of strategies and processes to ensure that product quality and client satisfaction are maintained
- Lead and facilitate quality performance initiatives, assess and report on system and process performance
- Be accountable for the development, implementation, maintenance and review of the Project Quality Plan
- Support the development and implementation of a culture of compliance to procedures and standards
- Provide QA/QC support across all scopes of work in Projects as directed by the Superintendent - Projects
- Actively participate in the site Continuous Improvement Program
You will inspire your team, draw on their diverse skills and create environments where great ideas are heard, and everyone looks out for one another. Ideally you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in related discipline or similar studies in Quality management and/or business improvement techniques (Preferred)
- Lead Auditor qualification to ISO Standard 9001 Qualified (Preferred)
- A good working knowledge of relevant Oil & Gas QA welding standards and QC processes (minimum 5 years),
- Extensive experience in workshop fabrication
- Multi-disciplinary experience in Project and Shutdown, ideally in both shop and field-based roles.
- Significant experience in total quality management roles, including Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and document control.
- Computer based skills i.e., Microsoft Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- incentive opportunity
- health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.