JBS Australia is the largest and most respected meat and food producer in Australia. We have a strong portfolio of leading and renowned beef, lamb, pork, salmon and value-added branded products, such as AMH, Swift, Primo, Murray Valley and Huon. JBS Australia is a part of the global JBS business, the largest animal protein business in the world, and the second largest food company, with operations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. JBS is a dynamic, exciting organisation with a focus on growth and continuous improvement. JBS Australia's Northern (beef) and Southern (beef and lamb) Divisions operate 10 processing plants and 6 feedlots across eastern Australia. The operation drives and fosters the JBS culture of excellence and believes success is achieved through hard work. JBS can provide you with more than a job, it can provide a long-term rewarding career.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Quality Assurance Officer at our Rockhampton Plant. We are seeking a passionate, energetic individual who is committed to providing effective professional service. This is a fabulous opportunity to join our dynamic, exciting organisation and enjoy the benefits and satisfaction in contributing to the continued growth and success of our business.
Located in the Beef Capital of Australia, the JBS Rockhampton processing facility produces a range of pasture fed and grain fed beef products, from commodity to premium. Our organic beef brand, Acres Organic and Right to Roam, our verified grass-fed beef brand are both packed exclusively at Rockhampton. The plant employs approximately 500 team members with a current processing capacity of 700 head of beef cattle per day, operating 6 days/week.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Conduct pre-operational hygiene assessment of manufacturing facility
- Monitor daily all facets of customer specifications and regulatory requirements
- Participate in internal audits when required
- Report to the FSQA Management any inadequacy in approved programs or processing procedures
- Undertake other related activities as directed
- Current Attainment of Ausmeat Accreditation is advantageous
- Industry experience in Food Safety & Quality Assurance practices would be a strong advantage
- Understanding of quality assurance principles and HACCP
- Good verbal & written communication abilities
- Sound computer skills (MS Office)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, demonstrating organisational & time management skills
- Sound computer and auditing skills
If you're passionate and want to be a part of the largest meat, pork and salmon manufacturer and producer in Australia, this opportunity may be for you.