Work Type: Full Time
Department: Customer and Commercial Services
Award: Stream A Level 3 - 4: $71,797.96 - $83,040.99 + superannuation
Are you highly experienced in interpreting legislation and looking for an exciting career change? We don't mind where you are based, we will consider remote working arrangements for the right person!
Central Highlands Regional Council is committed to continuous improvement and as a result are currently seeking a Property Officer to join the Property Services team. Based in Emerald this role will provide advice and support in land and property transactions.
As a Property Officer, you will utilise your legislative knowledge to interpret, and advise on a wide range of property matters from lease agreements, assisting with disposals and acquisitions, through to native title and Aboriginal and Cultural heritage matters.
To be successful, you will need an outcome driven approach to researching enquiries and the ability to build effective and positive working relationships with key stakeholders. You will also require a strong background in interpreting and implementing legislation to allow you to quickly obtain a working knowledge of local government legislation, regulations and procedures.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Property Services team who are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, then we would like to hear from you.
- Providing exceptional customer service whilst dealing with a range of complex enquiries relating to land and property transactions
- Managing land tenure matters including leasing and licensing of Council owned and controlled property
- Assisting with the managing the acquisition and disposal of property
- Ensuring consistent and accurate recording keeping
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to possess:
- Ability to research, interpret, analyse and understand technical or legislative information
- Ability to deliver complex advise and solutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to details whilst working to critical deadlines
- Certificate in property or legal related discipline or extensive relevant experience
Working for Central Highlands Regional Council has its benefits.
We are a progressive region, committed in creating opportunities for all. We welcome forward thinking individuals who are focused on continuous improvement, a sustainable future and understand the valuable role we play in investing in our regional community.
- A generous superannuation scheme – up to 18.75% for employees contributing 6% (conditions apply)
- Annual uniform allocation
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight
- Flexible working arrangement including remote working
To apply for this position:
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds.
Please download and review the position description to ensure you meet the mandatory requirements.
To be considered for this position, please include the following documents:
- A cover letter outlining your motivation for applying for this position
- Your resume detailing your career history relevant for this position
Applicants that meet the mandatory requirements listed in the position description will be sent a video assessment to complete.
To be appointed to a position within the Central Highlands Regional Council, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or hold a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Medical assessment including drug and alcohol testing
- Reference and qualification checks
For further information please contact the recruitment team on 1300 242 626 within business hours.
Applications Close: 12 noon, Friday 21 January 2022