Startup Gladstone Inc is a Not-For-Profit organisation looking to engage a Project Officer to provide support to a wide range of Action-Led projects. Key components of this role will include community engagement, implementation, managing administrative and technological skills.
We are searching for a composed, self-motivated, enthusiastic Project Officer to help materialise key projects to be delivered through Startup Gladstone. To this end, the role will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the delivery of educational projects, while collaborating with a range of local stakeholders.
To be successful at this role, you should be able to successfully engage with key stakeholders and be able to deliver various activities within key projects in a cost-effective manner.
About Startup Gladstone Inc
A non-for-profit organisation and a social enterprise which has been established in the Gladstone Region with the main purpose of empowering people to grow successful business through the implementation of innovation and technology-based initiatives.
Our Corporate Programs
- EarlyPrenuer Program: Building entrepreneurial capacity within primary school students through an early intervention strategy
- Junior Innov8ors STEM Club: Building digital and entrepreneurial capacity within primary school students through weekly STEM Club and workshops
- Youth Innov8ors: Aimed at High School participants and aims to connect schools and industry through digital and current skills
- Innov8ors: Adult based business and skills upgrading programs and workshops that provide collective support
About The Position
- Casual contract fixed term (15 hours a week to start)
- Hourly rate at $30-$35 depending on the successful applicant.
Project Officer Duties & Responsibilities
- Project Planning: Assist in developing project plans, defining project objectives, and setting measurable goals in alignment with the organisation's mission
- Project Implementation: Coordinate the execution of projects, ensuring that activities are carried out according to the project plan and timeline
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Track project progress, collect data, and measure outcomes to assess the effectiveness and impact of the project
- Budget Management: Help manage project budgets, track expenses, and ensure that project costs are within allocated funds
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including team members, volunteers, donors, and partner organisations, to facilitate smooth project implementation
- Reporting and Documentation: Prepare regular reports on project status, achievements, challenges, and lessons learned. Maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Communication: Maintain open and effective communication channels among project team members and stakeholders. Keep them informed about project updates, changes, and milestones
- Fund Resourcing: Identify potential funding opportunities and support in writing grant proposals or fundraising initiatives to secure project funding
- Community Engagement: Engage with the community and beneficiaries to understand their needs, solicit feedback, and involve them in project planning and implementation where appropriate
- Capacity Building: Support the development of project team members and volunteers by providing training and resources to enhance their skills and knowledge
- Collaboration and Networking: Build relationships with other organisations and stakeholders in the sector to foster collaboration and explore partnership opportunities
- High level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals.
- Able to effectively engage with community stakeholders.
- High proficiency in delivering programs.
- An analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritise multi-task activities.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to develop new project plans in consultation with stakeholders, including clients and staff.
- Ability to report on each project's utility and create reports.
- Knowledge about Microsoft Suite, Canva and the Abode suite of programs
- Experience with social media and website management.
- Blue Card
- Valid QLD Drivers License
For more information and to apply for this role, click the “Apply for this job now” button and upload your Resume and Cover Letter.