Qube Bulk provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods.
We are currently seeking an accomplished Project Manager for one of our regional location in Queensland. This role can be either FIFO or based in the regional location in QLD.
In this role you will be accountable for the safe, efficient, smooth and profitable delivery of the daily operational activity & workshops and for building and maintaining a strong relationship with our customer and local community.
Reporting to the General Manager- Queensland, your major focus will be leading the day to day haulage, and workshop activities, communicating and reporting to the customer; driving safety initiatives; managing the workforce and delivering profitable results for the business.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Ensuring safety initiatives are implemented, monitored and sustained
- Setting up and conducting on-site risk assessments to ensure customer sites and company activity comply with HSSE requirements
- Ensure depot compliance and HSSE requirements are being met
- Lead a team to ensure customer inventories are effectively managed within the framework of legislative requirements and in accordance with contractual requirements
- Planning and managing production to meet customer requirements
- Recruiting, on-boarding and training new employees
- Building effective relationships with all company stakeholders (employees, customers and peers)
- Identifying cost management initiatives that drive improved commercial outcomes for the site
- Be a lead player at monthly and quarterly customer meetings
- Ensure customer KPI’s are achieved (or surpassed)
- Ensure weekly reporting and understanding of variance analysis of contract profitability to senior management on a weekly basis
To be considered for this role, you will ideally demonstrate your experience and skills in the following areas:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar capacity within the Transport and Logistics industry, preferably with exposure within the resources sector
- Exceptional safety leadership qualities
- Have broad people management skills
- Demonstrated customer relationship building skills
- Outstanding commercial and financial acumen
- Full profit and loss accountability at either contract or branch level
- Superior communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to multi task and prioritise work across the division
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive attitude
You will be committed to safety in the workplace and be committed to 100% Chain of Responsibility compliance. We're proud of our 'Zero Harm' philosophy and provide on the job training to ensure you and your team get home safely at the end of every day.
Qube an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage women and Indigenous peoples of all ages to apply.