About the role:
Our client is seeking a Project Engineer to be responsible for electrical power and control system design, planning and commissioning.
The position’s main focus is Power Systems, substation designs, earthing designs and protection designs.
At times the Project Engineer will be required to participate in marketing activities and business development.
It is expected that the person in this role, in time, will be able to manage small teams of engineers for small to medium sized projects with minimum input from senior staff.
This is an opportuntity for a permanent role, working as part of a collaborative team with lots of variety and challenges, to gain more experience.
Support will be provided for your professional development and training.
The business has multiple offices and so there is the opportunity for travel in the future and to gain experience at other sites, if this is your goal. However it is not a requirement of the role.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Support the development of the engineering team with specialist skills to service the local heavy industry clients.
- Guiding and tutoring Graduate Engineers with project work, designs and technical issues. Review work completed by Graduate Engineers.
- Understand and keep abreast of International Standards, Australian Standards and legislative requirements.
- Manage and report on projects including budgetary and time frame management.
- Contribute to business development and direction by introducing new markets and innovations.
- Develop reports, specifications and technical papers as required by the company and its clients.
- Continual development and improvement of the company systems.
- Develop and maintain contracts with clients. • Assist Senior Engineers with project work and designs.
General responsibilities of the role:
The position also requires additional responsibilities being:
- Create and promote the quality culture of the office.
- Establish and promote the office safety, health and environmental objectives.
- Ensure that all documentation and products are maintained at a high professional standard.
- Establish and contribute to the organisation EEO (Equal Employment Opportunities) and OH&S objectives.
- Contribute to public relations including communicating with prospective clients. Administration guidance / management as required.
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience (Post graduate program).
- Strong level of knowledge and commitment to safety and customer service.
- Proven knowledge with specialist protection and analysis software for power systems and earthing system design
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Well organised, pragmatic and able to handle a diverse and complex workload.
- Demonstrable advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Friendly and approachable with a good sense of humor.
- Flexible, consistent with a desire to lead and learn.
- Aptitude to use initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to perform small to medium projects from concept stages through to post commissioning support.
- Advanced power and earthing system knowledge. This will include items such as time current curve analysis, step / touch potential analysis and designs, load flow modeling experience, fault level analysis, arc flash analysis and calculations, PTW Powertools and CDEGS software experience would be advantageous.
To find out more or apply for this opportunity, click the "Apply for this job now" button and submit your Resume and Cover Letter today.
For more details and a confidential discussion, please call Wendy Hannan on 0456 805 478 or email email@example.com