Program Support Officer
Council is seeking to appoint a maximum term part time Program Support Officer to contribute to Council’s success. This is a part time maximum term role for leave replacement working 38 hours per fortnight, with a projected end date of October 2023.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Engagement and Partnerships Team and a high-level of customer service to both internal team members and the community. Enabling the Engagement and Partnership Team to form partnerships and work collaboratively with the community, to fulfil the vision of strong engaged and vibrant communities.
You will be present, pro-active and solutions-focused and recognise that the community is the core of our business.
- Certificate III in Business Administration and/or demonstrable relevant experience gained from working in an administration/reception environment preferably in a community service work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to address complex social issues as first point of contact
- Effective communication (verbal and written English) skills and experience liaising with complex clients, employees, management and customers.
- Proven prioritisation, time management and work organisation to meet regular and concurrent deadlines.
- Sufficiently proficient in the operation of Microsoft Office Suite and corporate business systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
- Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
- Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Monday 5 December 2022