Production Technician – Lighting & Staging – 10802
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Permanent Full Time Production Technician – Lighting and Staging to contribute to Council’s success.
Join the dream team!
Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre (GECC) is the hub for entertainment in the Gladstone CBD and is Central Queensland’s premier Events and Entertainment venue. One look at our website and you will notice an action-packed year of wonderful shows and events.
Right now you have an opportunity to become one of the behind the scenes people who make the magic happen.
Working with GECC’s technical team, you will play a critical role in technical delivery of our varied productions and events. Responsible for lighting operation and design for community musicals, corporate events, outdoor live events, theatre productions and lighting installations both indoors and out, you will have an opportunity to demonstrate your creative flair while working in a proactive, enthusiastic and dedicated team. You will be required to interpret technical specifications, lighting design and staging plans. You will assist in overseeing lighting & staging pre rig’s alongside the technical team. Any experience in video production & live streaming is a bonus!
The GECC has a busy and vibrant calendar of events and functions that has a perfect balance of external and on-site events that keep our technical team busy all year round! Why not come and help our team deliver for our beautiful region!
If this role sounds like it was made for you and you'd like to bring your go-getter attitude, problem solving skills and awesome ideas to our team then please apply promptly!
1. Demonstrated working knowledge, experience and expertise working in a theatre or convention centre.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the operations of digital lighting systems.
3. Sound knowledge of lighting equipment and lighting over IP protocols (ART-NET or MA-NET).
4. Proven experience interpreting technical specifications and lighting designs.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
6. Intermediate Rigging (RI) High Risk Licence
7. Forklift (LF) High Risk Licence
8. Boom Elevated Working Platform (WP) High Risk Licence
9. Sound communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
10. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
11. Must be eligible and willing to obtain on appointment, a positive notice Working with Children Blue Card.
12. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.
12 noon Tuesday 25 January 2022.