Following internal progression, we have an opportunity for a Production Services Operator to join the Cement Australia team in Gladstone (Fisherman’s Landing site).
Reporting to the Team Leader - Production Services & Bagging, you will work with a team of Production Service Operators responsible for operating mobile equipment and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping in and around our manufacturing processes and support services. You will also have high level interactions with the Production and Maintenance teams. On occasion, this role can be physically demanding and can include exposure to challenging environments.
About the role
As a Production Services Operator, some of your duties would be to:
- Operate mobile equipment
- Monitor equipment
- Undertake general site, equipment, and daily clean up duties (eg: spills, manual sweeping, shovelling)
- Operate bagging shed
- Relief laboratory testing of samples
To meet the current and future needs of the business, you will undertake a Production Services Development Plan including Cert III Manufacturing Mineral Products. This will be reflected in your pay levels as you develop your knowledge and skill set.
The Production Services Operator role is a Monday to Friday, day shift position, with some after hours requirements. Overtime opportunities, including weekend work, can be available. Additionally, as part of this role future opportunities for production shift team relief may be required.
- Safety focused, ideally with previous experience in a similar work environment
- Good communication skills with demonstrated problem solving abilities
- Ability to diagnose faults and identify potential solutions
- Experience in isolations and permit issuing systems
- Desire to work in and contribute to a positive team environment – you will bring a ‘can do’ attitude
- Experience operating mobile plant equipment will be beneficial
- Ability to step up supervisor role during shutdowns
- Ability to perform laboratory sample testing in the lab on a relief basis
- SAP system knowledge (desired)
Ideally you will also have one or more of the following tickets/licenses:
- HRW Licence - Forklift
- MR / HR Licence
- Bridge & Gantry / Materials Hoist Operations
- Confined Space Entry
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer
- Engaged, collaborative and diverse team
- Day shift role
- Potential for future career progression
- Work towards Cert III Manufacturing Mineral Products
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Cement Australia requests all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or have an approved medical exemption. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide evidence of your status.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.