Established in 2021 with the acquisition of Downer’s Open Cut Mining Business, BUMA Australia is growing! We currently operate 5 sites across Queensland with strong plans for expansion.
Everything we do is underpinned by our vision – to be a leading mining service provider contributing to future energy solutions and is supported by our core values of safety, integrity, innovation, collaboration and people.
Located in the Bowen Basin of Central Queensland, BMA’s Goonyella Mine is one of Queensland’s largest coal mines. It is situated approximately 30 kilometres from the town of Moranbah.
BUMA Australia provide labour, supervision, technical support and mobile plant to perform truck and excavator pre-strip operations.
As BUMA Australia grows, we are seeking full time Production Operators to join our team. Our fleet at Goonyella comprises a combination of Komatsu 930E and Caterpillar 793 trucks with Liebherr R9800 and Caterpillar 6060 excavators. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a great team and have experience with any of the below, we would love to hear from you!
- Truck Operators – Electric truck – 930E or equivalent, Mechanical truck – 793C or equivalent
- Water Cart Operators – 785D or equivalent
- Grader Operators – 24M, 16M or equivalent
- Dozer Operators – D10T, D11T or equivalent
- Shovel and Excavator Operators - RH340, R9800 or equivalent.
Working at BUMA
BUMA Australia is a people focused business, with a strong focus on safety, training, development and continuous improvement. As a BUMA employee at Goonyella you will have access to;
- 7/7 Roster, working hours are 12hr 20mins for the first 6 shifts and 10hrs on the 7th shift to assist employees in traveling home within fatigue hours.
- Annualised weekly pay
- Camp accommodation (5 minutes from site)
- Training and development opportunities
- Company provided bus from Moranbah for nightshift
- Company provided bus from Mackay to camp at start and end of shift
- Open and honest relationship with the management team through weekly toolbox meetings
- Employee financial, lifestyle and health benefits such as discounted health cover, discounted car rentals, salary sacrifice options such as personal leave, superannuation, novated leasing and an Employee assistance program
At BUMA, our people are the source of our success. We are determined to invest in individual development and provide positive leadership. We work effectively with our partners and strive to exceed our employee, client and community expectations.
To be considered for this opportunity please click “Apply Now” to submit your application! Please note suitable applicants will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a Criminal History Check. Email applications and agencies are not accepted.