Reporting to the Production Manager, you will provide strong safety, people and operations leadership to drive the success of our production shift teams and supervisors at our Fisherman's Landing site in Gladstone. Throughout this role you will engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain a team of people that can achieve objectives and continue to improve their performance over time. The key for success in this critical role will require a personal skill set that recognises when hands on, coaching or support is required whilst knowing the impact to production and the associated KPI targets from each decision made. An exciting role that can make a difference through driving opportunities to streamline current and future processes for improvements in safety, volume, cost control and our future decarbonisation journey.
About the role:
In this role you will:
- Develop and promote a positive safety culture in your team and across the site, supporting and driving initiatives, standards and procedures
- Plan and coordinate resources to identify and control risks and hazards
- Ensure good housekeeping and environmental consideration is maintained at all times
- Respond to breakdowns and provide solutions to issues through fault finding
- Ensure that processes are followed to identify lead indicators for operational, equipment and quality risk
- Maintain and operate plant and equipment to meet performance, availability and budgetary targets
- Develop and manage processes that enable the successful co-processing of alternative fuels and raw materials
- Approve the release of plant for maintenance activities and down day outages, including the management for the preparation, rundown and recommissioning of the fixed plant
- Manage contractors and contracts as required within job responsibility
- Manage the operation of our key assets including central control room activities, train unloading facility, shiploader operations andshift lab testing requirements
- Ensure critical competencies and training is upheld for Production Shift Teams
- Identify future improvement requirements, prepare costings, participate in forecasting sessions and planning as required to besuccessful in the role.
- Play a critical role to contribute to the successful planning and execution of our major annual shutdown programs
- Have a genuine passion for Production processes and continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated hands on leadership experience in heavy manufacturing/mining or equivalent industry
- Leader in safety and environmental behaviours
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability and experience in motivating and developing teams
- Innovation and continuous improvement focused
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills on site
- Proficient with SAP and MS Office Suite
- On call availability
Why work for Cement Australia?
- Diverse leadership role in our operations division
- Key role managing internal and external stakeholders
- Opportunity to challenge your operational, technical and people skills.
An icon of the Australian cement industry, Cement Australia is the nation’s leading supplier of cementitious products and services. Whilst cement is in the name, the business portfolio is diverse, comprising a series of heavy industrial manufacturing operations, coal and limestone mines, bulk distribution transport fleet, rail and shipping interactions and hazardous waste treatment and alternative fuel production (Geocycle).
As an organisation, we offer our employees work-life balance, a close-knit and collaborative team whilst providing you with the tools and opportunity to make your mark. Our vision is to create a safe, healthy, productive and sustainable business and we are looking for like-minded professionals who align with our company values.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete a pre-employment medical and a background check. Cement Australia is an Equal Opportunity employer and open to residents of Australia with valid working rights.
Please apply directly as submissions from third party agencies will not be accepted at this time.
Build your dream career and lifestyle with Australia’s largest and most respected cement manufacturer and innovator.