The Gladstone Area Water Board (GAWB) is a commercial Statutory Authority responsible to the Minister for Regional Development and Manufacturing and Minister for Water.
GAWB's purpose is to supply water in bulk to major consumers in the Gladstone Region. Those consumers comprise major industries, power generating organisations, and the Gladstone Regional Council.
GAWB manages a variety of assets ranging from major water storage through to pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks and water treatment plants and takes measures to protect the quantity and quality of present and future water supplies and provides, operates and maintains recreational facilities and fish fingerling production facilities and stocking programs.
Now is an exciting time to join GAWB as they look to embark on a range of projects across systems and infrastructure upgrades.
About the opportunity:
Reporting directly to the Contracts & Procurement Manager, this role will be responsible for:
- The creation and reconciliation of purchase orders;
- Checking appropriate cost coding, budget allowances and approvals;
- Liaising with suppliers;
- Checking of progress claims against contract price schedules and schedules of rates;
- Tracking works performed under standing offer arrangements and service provider agreements;
- Ensuring contract documentation has been completed prior to issuing orders;
- Providing on the job training to GAWB staff to raise requisitions; and
- Maintaining processes and procedures.
You will be approachable and flexible in nature, with a strong customer service mindset. You will be proactive and process driven with excellent attention to detail. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Knowledge of document preparation and storage, and purchasing practices;
- Effective communication and the ability to build rapport quickly across internal and external stakeholders; and
- A keen eye for process improvement.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion and to understand more about the incredible contribution you can make to the business, please contact Cassandra Waugh on 07 3232 9118 or Cassandra.Waugh@uandu.com quoting reference number 33492.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, so we highly recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.