We are seeking a permanent full-time AO5 Procurement Officer to join our team at Strategic Services Procurement, Department of Health. This role is responsible for managing low to medium value and low to medium complexity procurement activities in order to deliver value for money through the implementation of best practice procurement governance and contracting processes. This role is responsible for providing advice to stakeholders including customers and suppliers. Located in Rockhampton the successful applicant will also undertake market analysis, drive continuous improvement, implement standard procurement processes, deliver general sourcing activities and support contract negotiation. If this sounds like the type of role for you we encourage you to apply.
Department of Health – Why work for us?
The Department of Health has a diverse set of responsibilities, and a common purpose of creating better health care for Queenslanders. The department is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We strongly believe in the need to work with people that value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace.
The COVID-19 Supply Chain Surety Division (CSCSD) was established in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to manage the unprecedented demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) and other critical medical supplies locally and internationally. The division amalgamated some existing teams and functions critical to Queensland Health's supply response for the duration of the pandemic, including Strategic Procurement, Supply Chain Services, Central Pharmacy, Finance Transactional Services. This Division is also leading the implementation of the Queensland Government Critical Supply Reserve (QGCSR).
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, identifying opportunities to improve the value delivered from every dollar spent and in delivering the initiatives required to secure that value.
- Supplier engagement experience including attending supplier meetings, providing constructive feedback to suppliers based on evidence and resolving minor contract issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contemporary procurement and category management practices and issues, relevant regulations and the ability to deliver best-value quality customer services.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations as required.
- While not mandatory, a relevant qualification would be well regarded.
- It may be a condition of employment for this role, for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 as per the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
- It may be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against one or more of the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment (Health Employment Directive No. 01/16): measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chicken pox),pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, tuberculosis.
Benefits of working with the Department of Health
By joining the Department of Health you will work within a fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment where every employee plays a critical role in our ongoing success. You will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- Competitive govt salary + up to 12.75% employer superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements available that offers work/life balance and some roles may provide the flexibility to work from home
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary packaging
- Career training and development opportunities
- Job Security