Process Technician - Cyanide
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Process Technician at our Yarwun Manufacturing site in Gladstone. Orica’s Process Technicians are highly skilled individuals that operate Orica’s continuous chemical manufacturing plants. This role will operate on 4 days on 6 days off, day/night, 12hr shift rotating roster.
The facility manufactures products (Cyanide and Ammonium Nitrate) which are used in Queensland mining operations as well as in the national and international mining industries. Orica has operated at Yarwun for over 25 years. We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and minimising the impact of our activities on the community and the environment.
We encourage genuine career development amongst our people and can guarantee training and resources for our Process Technicians if they wish to expand their careers into supervisory and management positions.
Orica deliver award winning training programs and ongoing coaching & mentoring support to ensure that our people are best equipped to perform safely and excellently.
What you will be doing
• Managing SHEC risk and promoting awareness amongst team members and contractors
• Operating the process areas safely and efficiently within defined operating limits
• Control all plant operations including start-ups and shutdowns
• Operate plant via the Distributed Control System (DCS)
• Carry out plant troubleshooting, minor maintenance, project activities and permit to work coordination
• Validating operating procedures through to formal approval stage
• Work with other multi-skilled teams to deliver a safe, strong and efficient site
What you will bring
• Distributed Control System (DCS) experience in the operations of a Major Hazard Facility
• Supervisory experience is desirable (e.g. Team Lead, 2IC, etc.)
• Trade qualification in Mechanical or Electrical (or equivalent)
• High risk licence for Forklift, EWP, Dogger and Basic Rigger
• Competent troubleshooting skills in an operational environment
• Previous experience in Permit to Work and Lock Out systems
• Demonstrate an aptitude to acquire electrical, mechanical and chemical process concepts
• Work well in teams and willing to take ownership of ongoing personal development and training
• Sound numerical, verbal and computer skills
• Ability to follow procedures & safety conscious
• Balanced and rational decision maker, considerate of risks
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.