At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About the role
We are delighted to announce that we are looking for a Process Engineer at our flagship Yarwun manufacturing site located in Gladstone, Queensland.
Orica Yarwun manufactures nitric acid, ammonium nitrate and sodium cyanide products which are used in mining, infrastructure, agriculture and water industries locally, nationally and internationally. Orica has operated at Yarwun for over 30 years and is committed to the health and safety of employees and minimising the impact of our manufacturing activities on the community and the environment.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for the optimisation and technical development of Orica's Ammonium Nitrate manufacturing facility and other related areas of our Yarwun manufacturing complex.
What you will be doing
- Develop and maintain the safe operating window, PFD, ELDs and BOS documents for the manufacturing complex;
- Support development and delivery of the continuous improvement projects.
- Provide technical support for the production, maintenance, SHEC, projects, analytics, supply chain and procurement activities.
- Complete subject matter expert reviews of management of change proposals.
- Examine process data for trends and improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical oversight and input to raw materials and production aids.
- Benchmark performance of operating plants and establish key parameters including usages and variable costs.
What you will bring
- Qualifications in Chemical/Process Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in chemical manufacturing;
- RPEQ preferred but not essential.
- Excellent time management, communication, and teamwork skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Results orientated, conceptual thinker with a tenacity for taking initiative.
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.