Process Controller- Heavy Fabrication Workshop
- Lifestyle roster working 12hr day shifts
- Join our global leading business offering outstanding personal development & global career opportunities
- Permanent Full Time Position based in Gladstone, QLD
About the role
Finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs.
We are looking for a Process Controller to work closely with the Fabrication Workshop Crew Leader to improve the performance of the Workshop and to meet safety and production outcomes.
This is great opportunity for a detailed focused and highly motivated individual, contributing towards continuous improvement processes in the way that we operate.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Reporting to the Crew Leader and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Site Infrastructure team, you will be:
- Working closely with the Fabrication workshop Crew leader and team members to coordinate Shell refurbishments in a timely manner.
- Work with the crew leader to ensure that the highest safety and operational standards are maintained on the crew.
- Support the TPM process by ensuring all routine TPM tasks are completed and accurate OEE data capture.
- Support the crew leader with team development and employee engagement initiatives.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to continuous improvement
- A willingness to learn and enthusiasm to develop new skills as required
- Sound knowledge of welding procedures and techniques
- Boiler making experience preferred
- Sound computer skills and experience
- Exposure to lean manufacturing
- Ability to manage complex issues and prioritization of resources
- Previous experience leading a team is preferred but not essential
- An interest in undertaking a leadership role in the future
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and materials company. We operate in 35 countries where we produce iron ore, copper, aluminium, critical minerals, and other materials needed for the global energy transition and for people, communities, and nations to thrive.
We have been mining for 150 years and operate with knowledge built up across generations and continents. Our purpose is finding better ways to provide the materials the world needs – striving for innovation and continuous improvement to produce materials with low emissions and to the right environmental, social and governance standards. But we can’t do it on our own, so we’re focused on creating partnerships to solve problems, create win-win and meet opportunities.
Where you’ll be working
Boyne Smelters Limited is Australia’s second largest aluminium smelter with a 1,000-person strong workforce. Located approximately 20km south east of Gladstone at Boyne Island on the Central Queensland coast, BSL produces around 500,000 tonnes of aluminium per annum.
Activities at BSL include manufacturing carbon anodes in the carbon plant, aluminium production (smelting) in reduction lines, and casting of molten material into aluminium products ready to ship. The smelter is connected via a conveyor belt to the Queensland Alumina Limited refinery for the supply of alumina.
BSL is committed to protecting the environment and ensuring safe work practices where people feel safe at work and care for each other.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Applications close on Tuesday, 6th June 2023 (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)