The Sugar Cane Company.
We focus on cane.
We think global.
We act local.
*Season Role – Process Attendant*
Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, you will have the responsibility of operating mobile plant equipment on an ‘as required’ basis, cleaning of designated plant and providing general assistance to the Shift Production Team.
You will be self-motivated and committed to achieving targets in relation to safety, quality, and productivity.
- Drivers’ Licence; and
- Forklift Licence (LF).
- Be team oriented.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Have effective communication skills; and
- Be focused on internal customer service.
- Mechanical aptitude
Desirable, but not essential
It is also desirable that the successful applicant shall hold or be willing to obtain licences / qualifications and gain experience for:
- Heavy Rigid (HR) Truck Licence;
- Dogger licence (DG); and
- be competent in the operation of an End loader and Skid Steer
Mackay Sugar Benefits
- Home Every Day
- 5 Weeks of Annual Leave (full time employment)
- Casual rate available if preferred
- Rostered Days Off during Maintenance Season
- Training and Development to maintain and expand your skill set
- Access to discounted products and services at more than 20 local business
- Free annual flu vaccinations
- All PPE and prescription glasses supplied
About Mackay Sugar
Mackay Sugar is a member of the Nordzucker Group and there hasn’t been a more exciting time to join Mackay Sugar. Mackay Sugar is Australia’s second largest sugar milling company, with over 140 years’ experience and employing over 450 people permanently and up to 800 seasonally, contributing significantly to the economy of Queensland and is a major employer in the Mackay region.
Nordzucker is one of the leading sugar manufacturers in Europe and has grown steadily for more than 175 years. The history of this partnership is a true testament to the resilience and innovation in the industry.
Mackay Sugar Limited is an equal opportunity employer.