Location: Rockhampton, QLD
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive remuneration and benefits
About the role:
An exciting new and unique opportunity exists for a qualified Civil Engineer to join the Aurizon Network Asset Management team. Your strategic thinking and knowledge of Geotechnics will be paramount in providing technical leadership and high-level expertise in multi-disciplined infrastructure, engineering, design, construction maintenance and operations. This role will see you working on exciting projects, drawing upon your geotechnics experience, relationship management, thought leadership, and innovation.
- Provide technical advice on complex geotechnical issues.
- Develop an engineering safety culture based on Engineering Controls, particularly relating to effective consideration of safety in design and applications of the hierarchy of controls.
- Direct engineering reviews of specific technical standards, specifications, and engineering outputs to ensure professional service standards are maintained and improved, and compliance with internal and external safety and legislation requirements.
- Participate in training activities, mentoring and transferring of knowledge to other engineers within the team.
- Challenge the status quo and promote innovative infrastructure solutions delivering operational and commercial outcomes.
- Bachelor level of Engineering, specialising in geotechnical, civil, engineering geology or similar.
- Registered professional engineer under the Professional Engineer’s Act of Queensland (RPEQ), or ability to obtain registration within 6 months.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive leadership and engineering experience.
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation and review of written technical reports
- Possess extensive knowledge of infrastructure operations, design, construction, maintenance and safety standards and specifications relating to geotechnical engineering.
- High level of interpersonal, written, and verbal communication, consultation, and negotiation skills.
- High level of skill in application of an ensuring compliance with legislation, regulation, and practices regarding safety, environment, and engineering.
- High level of skill in reviewing and recommending innovation and long-term infrastructure sustainability.
- Possess a high level of business and commercial acumen.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible work arrangements offered, subject to business needs.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
The Recruitment Process:
The successful applicant will be provided with the appropriate level of training. As part of Aurizon’s recruitment and selection process, short listed applicants may be required to undertake pre-employment checks such as, psychometric testing and a health assessment.
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers