The Rockhampton Grammar School seeks to appoint a Primary Physical Education Teacher on a full time, permanent basis, commencing in Term 1, 2024.
Competitive salary: $79,000 - $115,000 p.a. (the pay-scale is reflective of the applicants teaching experience and in accordance with the RGS EBA).
As part of our teaching team, we provide a supportive, flexible working environment where care for all our staff is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our staff and students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission. The School values co-curricular involvement and provide a wide variety of opportunities for staff in this regard.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teachers are expected to:
- Demonstrate and promote excellence in Health and Physical Education teaching and maintain a commitment to professional development;
- Plan, prepare and deliver quality and effective curriculum programmes that meet ACARA requirements and that embrace the School’s Learning Framework;
- Create and maintain a positive environment that enhances student learning;
- Establish and review students’ learning goals/outcomes and modify curriculum programmes accordingly;
- Continuously reflect on teaching practices and maintain professional learning plans;
- Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning;
- Demonstrate exemplary communication and interpersonal skills with the capacity to build strong professional relationships and engage with students, staff, parents, and the community;
- Initiate contact with parents, as appropriate, concerning student’s academic progress and behaviour and keep accurate records;
- Maintain accurate curriculum data sets and use data to inform the teaching and learning cycle;
- Ensure curriculum alignment with the School’s strategic direction;
- Contribute to the School and wider community through the organisation of and involvement in co-curricular activities.
- Organisation of sporting events and carnivals.
N.B This position description contains the most important duties and tasks regarding the job to be done. It is not an exclusive/exhaustive list.
- Effective verbal and written communication;
- Strong behaviour management techniques;
- Ability to influence others positively;
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in challenging situations;
- Ability to relate and build relationships easily:
- Demonstration of a growth mindset and being open to evidenced based practice.
SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE
The School takes child protection seriously, and as a staff member or volunteer of The Rockhampton Grammar School, you are required to meet the behaviour standards outlined in our Practice and Behaviour Guidelines. You will receive a copy of these guidelines as part of the induction process.
Therefore, as a part of your duties and responsibilities, you are also required to:
- Provide a welcoming and safe environment for children and young people;
- Promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people to whom we provide services;
- Ensure that your interactions with children and young people are positive and safe;
- Provide adequate care and supervision of children and young people in your charge;
- Act as a positive role model for children and young people;
Report any suspicions, concerns, allegations or disclosures of alleged abuse to management;
- Maintain valid “working with children” documentation;
- Undergo periodic “national criminal history record” checks;
- Report to management any criminal charges or convictions you receive during the course of your employment that may indicate a possible risk to children and young people.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The successful applicant will be subject to a “Working with Children Check and Criminal Records Check” where applicable. The School undertakes several screening processes to ensure the appropriate protection of children and young people in its care. This includes reference checks, identity checks qualification check and professional registration checks.
As per the Conditions of Employment section –
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Working with Children Check; and
- Police Check
- Safeguarding Children Checks.
HOW TO APPLY
- Read the Notice to all Candidates – Staff Safer Recruitment Policy and Recruitment and Selection Policy on the RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Complete an Application for Employment Form (Teaching) – found on RGS website (http://www.rgs.qld.edu.au/employment)
- Submit your completed Application for Employment Form with your Cover Letter and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and two referees to email@example.com - apply immediately!
- Enquiries can be directed to Kate Harris (Head of Primary School) at 07 4936 0650.
*Only successful applicants will be contacted.