Want to explore an "Even Better Living" for yourself and your family?
Watch Video Now
About the Role:
The position is based primarily in a professional office environment in Gladstone, Qld. However, the employee will be required to attend client sites in both commercial and industrial environments.
- Undertake power system design and documentation to achieve the objectives of quality, schedule and budgeted man-hours
- Undertake power system studies such as load flow studies, motor starting studies, harmonic studies, fault analysis and protection coordination studies
- Prepare detailed and accurate written reports that clearly and concisely summarise the objectives, results, conclusions and recommendations of the project scopes
- Undertake the role of Project Manager for small and medium sized projects, taking responsibility for meeting budgeted man-hours, project cost budgets and project schedules
- Where assigned, manage the work of subordinate engineers and drafting staff to ensure compliance with technical and quality assurance standards
- Accept responsibility for the accuracy, quality and timeliness of engineering design performed directly and for that performed by assigned engineering and drafting staff
- Carry out site visits to liaise with clients, gather data, adjust protection device settings, inspect construction or manufacturing progress or perform commissioning tasks
- Maintain and develop the company’s client base by wining client’s satisfaction and trust during the performance of assigned projects
- Develop technical skills while attending selected training courses and/or completing post-graduate studies
- Technical/practical skills
- Proven design capability in an industrial and power authority environment
- Current working knowledge of Australian Standards and Codes, especially AS3000, AS2067 and AS3851
- Knowledge of Underground and Open-Cut Coal Mine operations and Regulations
- Demonstrated project management capability
- Oral and Written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardisation exists
- Break a complex task into its components and assign their relevant priorities
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form, when dealing with client requests and non-engineering personnel
- Utilise all available research methods and resources available for technical support
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant power systems engineering experience predominately in an industrial, consulting or power authority environment is expected
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised Australian institution
- Sufficient industry experience to be eligible for corporate membership of The Institution of Engineers, Australia, achieving CPEng status and NPER-3
Don’t delay – Apply today, hit the “Apply for this job now” button and submit your Resume or call Wendy 0456 805 478 for more details and a confidential discussion.