Plumbing Inspector - 10057
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone Region that focuses on working together to balance our region’s lifestyle and opportunity. Our success is built on a foundation of safe, engaged, high performing talent and teams and a values-based culture centred around our SERVICE principles.
Council is seeking to appoint a Plumbing Inspector to contribute to Council’s success.
About the Role
The purpose of this position is to assess regulated work, undertake technical inspections, enforce plumbing and drainage work in accordance with relevant legislation, Council policies and procedures.
1. Current Plumbers and Drainers Licence and Onsite Sewerage Design Licence together with relevant practical experience and skills gained from previous trade experience, including knowledge of Trade Waste installation and maintenance practices.
2. Experience interpreting plumbing and drainage plans, knowledge of relevant standards and codes and enforcing legislation.
3. Managing time, setting priorities, planning and organisational skills.
4. Skilled in negotiation, conflict resolution and problem solving to effectively address and resolve issues.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and independently.
6. Sound communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
7. Proficient keyboard skills and experience using Microsoft Office Suite and operating corporate business systems.
8. Legally able to drive a motor vehicle in Queensland.
Why work for GRC?
- We are fortunate to live in an attractive, growing region and proud to provide opportunity for personal growth and career development for our employees.
- We offer opportunities to grow your career within a progressive local government organisation and work in a high performing team that values your contribution.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary including generous superannuation and a flexible roster that supports a generous work-life balance.
- We offer a range of employee benefits including free physiotherapy, support services and discounted health cover and fitness memberships.
Please be advised that the preferred candidate for this position, as a condition of employment, may be required to complete a criminal history check, a pre-employment medical or a skills assessment.
Council is committed to connecting with the Gladstone Regional community which values diversity and inclusion and encourages you to bring your whole self to work. First Nations people are encouraged to apply.