Are you an experienced Plumber looking for an exciting opportunity to showcase your skills and contribute to the community's infrastructure? Look no further! We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Plumber to join our dynamic team at Mackay Regional Council.
As a Plumber with Mackay Regional Council, your primary objective will be to carry out plumbing duties associated with water or sewerage assets, construction projects, or maintenance activities. You will provide support and assistance to the Leading Hand Water under the supervision of the Supervisor Construction.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Current Licensed Plumber and Drainer as required by legislation
- Current QLD “C” Class Driver’s Licence
- Current Construction White card
- Plumbing and drain laying experience in construction and maintenance of water and sewerage reticulation systems with minimum five years post trade experience
- Backflow prevention qualifications and experience will be highly regarded
Our value proposition to you:
- Annual base salary of $63,691 plus other allowances as applicable
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 day fortnight and on call roster
- On-call commuter use vehicle and mobile phone provided
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives along with active social clubs
If you are a highly motivated and experienced Plumber ready to take on new challenges, we encourage you to apply. Join our team at Mackay Regional Council and be a part of our commitment to excellence in water and sewerage infrastructure. Apply now to make a significant impact on your career and the community!
For further information, a position description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant qualifications and experience. We look forward to welcoming a dedicated Plumber to our team at Mackay Regional Council.
Applications Close: Thursday 28 September 2023
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.