- Permanent Full Time
- Monday to Friday, 76 hours per fortnight, 9 day fortnight
- $64,826 per annum (LGIA Stream B Level 5 + Site Allowance) + Superannuation
- Location – Rockhampton
Your new role
Do you love working outdoors and are skilled and experienced in Plant Operation?
Fitzroy River Water is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Plant Operator/Labourer to join their team in Rockhampton specialising in water and sewer construction. You will be responsible for a wide range of plant operation and labouring tasks, along with servicing and maintaining Council’s trucks and heavy earthmoving equipment.
This position requires the completion of a satisfactory Criminal History Check - Police Certificate (Australia Wide Name Only Police Check).
What we are looking for
- You will have a great team attitude, with the flexibility to work within multiple teams, and have experience within civil construction environment.
- Experience in undertaking general labouring duties, including pipe laying and concreting and your ability to operate and maintain small machines and hand tools will assist with your success in this role.
- Have a positive attitude and focus on the community, you will be dedicated to providing a quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Ability to legally operate under an “MR” Class Licence and operate Excavator and Front-end Loader.
- General Construction Induction (White Card).
What you'll get in return
As an employee of Rockhampton Regional Council, you will join a diverse and innovative team of more than 900 employees supported by good leadership, who proudly deliver services and make a difference to the lives of people living and working within the region.
- Supportive Work/Life Balance
- A large employer with a strong values driven culture
- A generous superannuation scheme – Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Corporate membership discounts
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport and active social clubs
What you need to do next
To apply for this opportunity, please submit two documents:
- A 1-2 page Cover Letter addressing the Application Criteria below;
- Your Current resume.
- Experience working as labourer in a general construction / maintenance environment (highly desirable experience water / sewerage services)
- “MR” class licence, Construction Industry Induction (White Card), and experience and ability to legally operate an excavator, backhoe, skid steer and other plant and equipment.
- Positive attitude, customer focussed and willingness to work within diverse teams.
- Safety focussed and the ability to identify hazards and risks on the worksite.
Please use Council’s cover letter template and ensure you clearly label each Application Criteria in your cover letter.
Click the ‘Apply’ button above to complete your online application.