Plant Operator (56,417.00) – Dysart
Isaac Regional Council offers a wide range of exciting career and employment opportunities throughout the region. Our vision is to energise the world and our mission is to feed, power and build communities.
An exciting opportunity exists for a permanent full time Plant Operator to join our Engineering and Infrastructure Directorate in Dysart! Dysart was established in 1973, with the town catering to the nearby mines as well as the many surrounding cattle and grain properties. It is a friendly community with modern facilities, including an Olympic-sized pool and nine-hole golf course with the picturesque Peak Ranges right on its doorstep.
The Plant Operator position provides assistance with coordination, integration and delivery of services and the construction, maintenance and operation of vehicles, plant and equipment across Isaac Regional Council. Specifically, this position will be responsible for the multi-skilled operation of plant and equipment within our minor maintenance crew in Dysart, which provides a roads maintenance service to Dysart and its surrounds. As a result, this position will see you achieving a work-life balance, as you will be home every night, and job satisfaction both internally as well as from being part of our inclusive multidisciplinary team.
This position also encompasses Leading Hand responsibilities, which involves assisting the Team Leader – Infrastructure with facilitating and scheduling work programs and supervising a crew comprised of other labourers and operators. If this opportunity sounds like something you would be interested in, continue reading below to find out how you can apply!
To be successful in this position, you will have:
If you are successful in this position, we will give you:
- Knowledge and experience in basic mechanics and general maintenance
- HR Class Open Australian Drivers Licence
- Construction White Card
- Ability to pass a pre-employment functional assessment and/or behavioural testing
- Level Two Traffic Management/Traffic Controller Ticket (desirable)
- Plant qualifications, e.g., backhoe, skid steer, loader (three tickets would be advantageous)
- Salary $56,203.61 - $57,514.59 per annum plus allowances, including:
- Locality Allowance
- Construction Workers Allowance
- On Call Allowance
- Leading Hand Allowance
- Nominally 38 hours per week (3x 10-hour days and 1x 8-hour day, Monday to Thursday)
- 5 weeks annual leave @ 17.5% loading
- Up to 12.5% super in accordance with IRC’s Certified Agreement
- RDO’s in accordance with IRC’s Certified Agreement
- Discounted Medibank Corporate Health Cover with competitive extras and coverage benefits
- Access to free sessions with Gryphon Psychology in accordance with our Employee Assistance Program
- Amazing opportunities to further your career to become a fully competent multi-skilled operator
For more details on this exciting position, please contact Glen Shaw – Overseer Infrastructure during business hours on 0428 877 110
or email Glen.Shaw@isaac.qld.gov.au
To apply, please click ‘Apply Here’ and follow the steps to submit your application. Please provide sufficient information (noting the Key Competencies on the Position Description), demonstrating why you are the right person for this opportunity, along with your resume and cover letter.
Link to position description: https://www.isaac.qld.gov.au/downloads/file/5302/position-description-plant-operator-56-417-00-
Applications Close: Sunday 17 July 2022
IRC has the right to commence the recruitment process prior to the closing date.
Isaac Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people and disadvantaged job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.