Macmahon is a leading Australian company delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector throughout Australia and South East Asia. Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
Due to the continuous growth and strengthening of our position Australia wide, Macmahon has an opportunity for dynamic leader in the role of Maintenance Planner to support our operations on a 8:6 roster at our DAWSON SOUTH site.
The Maintenance Planner is required to prioritise and allocate resources to the mobile maintenance planned work packages ready for execution by the maintenance teams. To perform tasks safely according to site procedures and responsibilities under Queensland coal mine safety and health legislation.
Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain the long term component forecast
- Maintaining and updating records of maintenance costs, plant history and task changes within the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Organising external service providers as required
- Creation of component BOM lists and backlog entry
- Providing site support for maintenance and KPI reporting
- Generate major shut plans and work scopes
The successful candidate will be a proactive, detail focused, team player and will possess the following:
- Extensive experience with a varied range of mining equipment & heavy plant maintenance exposure
- Relevant trade qualification with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the mining industry
- Strong communication skills
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11
- Drivers Licence (manual)
If successful in this position you will enjoy;
- Opportunity to have a major impact within a growing business
- Competitive salary & rewards
- Career development pathways
- Award winning lifestyle, financial & mental health support
- Salary sacrifice options including novated leases
- Employee discounts; groceries, petrol, fashion, entertainment + more
Dawson is located at the southern end of the Bowen Basin in Central Queensland near the town of Moura; it is approximately one hour drive from Biloela and two hours from Rockhampton and Gladstone and is one of Australia's longest established coal mines.
Macmahon offers our people the ability to work in diverse roles, in different locations and realise new opportunities within the Company over time. Macmahon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages suitably qualified women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
As part of the recruitment process for the role you may be required to complete a pre-pre-employment medical, inclusive of a laboratory drug and alcohol screen and complete a criminal history and qualification checks. Additionally, you will have to provide proof of working rights in Australia i.e. copy of valid Australian passport, birth certificate, citizenship certificate or current visa grant notification.