We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
UGL’s Telecommunications business is seeking applications for suitably experienced Pit Installer for an upcoming major Telco Infrastructure project across regional Queensland. Project commencement is mid to late October and manning will increase through until early 2024. These are casual positions and will be working across the Emerald, Rockhampton, Mackay and Mount Isa regions.
About the role
- Comply with UGL’s policies and procedures
- Excavate and prepare designated sites for the installation of new telecommunication pits
- Accurately position telecommunication pits according to project specifications and plans
- Organise and secure telecommunication cables within the installed pits
- Install and secure telecommunication equipment and hardware inside the pits
- Safely remove telecommunication pits containing asbestos-containing materials
- Conduct inspections to ensure the quality and integrity of installed pits
As an experienced Pit Installer, the following competencies and skill sets are required for these positions:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Strong attention to detail and hand-eye coordination of precise excavation work
- Demonstrated experience in asset location and protection
- Construction Industry Induction (white card)
- CPCCDE3014A Remove non-friable (Class B) Asbestos required
- Proven compliance and commitment to health and safety procedures
What we offer
- Work across regional Queensland – Emerald, Rockhampton, Mackay and Mount Isa
- Local and non-local roster, living away from home allowance where applicable
- Opportunity for additional training to be provided
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
Ref #: 255177