Personal Carer | Blue Care | Mackay Homefield Aged Care Facility
- Employment Status: Permanent Part Time Positions available
- Location: Mackay Homefield Aged Care Facility
- Remuneration: $31.62 per hour permanent base rate + 11% Super + Not for Profit Salary Packaging (Increases your take home pay) + Penalties & Allowances + Employee discounts
Make a meaningful difference with BlueCare
We’re looking for someone who wants to make the world a little better through small moments that leave big impacts. To build meaningful relationships and make a difference in the lives of others.
An integral part of our big-hearted BlueCare team, as a Personal Carer you’ll be encouraged to grow, develop and feel empowered to make the everyday easier for the people we care so passionately about.
Let’s make a meaningful difference, together.
What makes a difference for you?
With a Blue Nurses legacy dating back to 1953, BlueCare is one of Queensland’s largest and most trusted not-for-profit providers of community and in-home care, residential aged care, disability services and retirement living.
- Flexible work arrangements to support work-life balance
- Save tax and increase your take home pay by salary packaging your everyday living expenses and bills (up to $15,900) and meal entertainment (up to $2,650) per annum
- A recognition and rewards platform, providing employee discounts at hundreds of retailers, including everyday expenses, holidays, health insurance, annual awards celebration, wellbeing and employee assistance programs
- A positive and inclusive team based on respect, shared standards, strong values and a commitment to serving others
- 12 weeks paid parental leave and 2 weeks paid partner leave, available after 6 months service, in addition to the government scheme
- Diversity and inclusive leave, offering paid gender affirmation leave and cultural leave options (paid and unpaid) for those who may celebrate Lunar New Year, Diwali, Ramadan, NAIDOC weeks and other significant cultural events
- Career development opportunities with one of the most trusted community and residential care providers in Australia to challenge yourself, grow and make a meaningful difference
Your part in our BlueCare team
As a Personal Carer you’ll provide care to your clients living in our residential home, supporting their independence and improving their quality of life through activities that include:
- Daily living assistance including showering, personal hygiene, help at meal times and general mobility
- Providing care in accordance with their individualised Care Plan
- Supporting with community based recreational and social activities
We encourage our team to be creative and enjoy themselves while contributing to our success. Come join one of the most trusted community and residential care providers in Australia.
What makes a difference for us?
- Certificate III Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Disability Support
- Experience with technology incl. smartphones, tablets, laptops etc
- Confidence to satisfy the relevant probity checks required by legislation or policies
- Evidence of COVID Vaccinations
- NDIS Workers Screening Clearance or willingness to obtain
BlueCare is proudly part of the UnitingCare Family, we’d love you to be too
Joining the state’s largest network of aged care workers with its over 8,000 strong, bright team in blue, you’ll also be welcomed as part of the UnitingCare family. With more than 16,500 staff and 9,000 volunteers across our brands of BlueCare, Lifeline, ARRCS, The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital, St Stephen’s Hospital, and St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, you are part of something bigger. Our team are compassionate, inclusive and committed to the work we do, helping people live life in all its fullness.
Start making a difference today
Our application process takes less than 15 minutes – Click the ‘APPLY’ button to be taken to our online application process and upload your resume and cover letter. Our team are available to answer any questions you may have.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our approach is simple –everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. Demonstrating our commitment to reconciliation and building long-term employment opportunities for First Nations peoples, UnitingCare strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for this position.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
All employees are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements and UnitingCare's COVID-19 vaccination requirements policy. The successful applicant must be able to provide a Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.