Calvin Aged Care, formally PresCare, aims to provide the highest quality residential aged care in environments that are rich with the senses of home.
Our purpose is to enable each resident to live their best life with dignity.
At the heart of our offering is a deep commitment to a resident first approach.
We are looking for multiple permanent part-time Personal Care Workers who are passionate about a person-centred approach to care, to join our facility in North Rockhampton.
It is essential to have experience in working and understand the residential aged care environment and standards, have flexible shift availability, and have a high level of empathy and compassion for our residents.
What you will do
The Personal Care Worker is responsible for ensuring:
- Positive resident experience through resident-first approach
- Personal care is provided in accordance with each resident’s needs and preferences.
- Completing care documentation, including progress notes and daily charts
- A collaborative, team approach
- Manual handling of residents is undertaken safely and correctly
- Feedback and incidents are reported
- Safe, high quality care is provided in accordance with the Aged Care Quality Standards
What you will bring
- Minimum Cert III in Aged Care (or enrolled in same)
- At least one year of experience in as a personal carer in the aged care setting
- Be passionate about delivering a person-centred approach to care
- Experience in providing daily care and activities to clients
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Currently hold and maintain a Police Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Hold and maintain NDIS Worker Checks as per NDIS Act 2013 (or willing to obtain)
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of an organisation that supports residents to live their best life
- Build a community where residents feel like they are in their family home and have a sense of belonging
- Opportunity to be mentored by industry leaders to boost your career development
Interested? We would love to hear from you! Apply now and include your resume and cover letter, demonstrating your suitability against the above success criteria.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent, Casual, Temp to perm
Salary: $21.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Employee mentoring program
- 8 hour shift
- Afternoon shift
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Overtime pay
- Penalty rates
- Certificate I - IV (Preferred)
- Aged care: 1 year (Preferred)
- National Police Check and/or NDIS Worker Clearance (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)