Mercy Community Aged Care Rockhampton supports and inspires people in need to live healthy lives within inclusive communities. Our Social Support – Group offers a community care service for those 65 and older which tailors services to their needs. We provide an opportunity for our clients to participate in community life and feel socially included through structured, group-based activities.
About the role:
As our Personal Care Attendant, you will work collaboratively within a professional team to provide excellent care to our clients.
- Assisting clients in their daily activities, delivering the best possible care, ensuring wellbeing and comfort
- Follow plans/programs for clients that meet their individual needs and contribute to their optimal social experience
- Foster meaningful & positive relationships with clients to support their care
- Contribute to the holistic care of clients, maintaining confidentiality and providing a service that meets the needs of the clients from all backgrounds
- Complete documentation in accordance with guidelines and policies
- Believe in the importance of developing strong human connections and providing quality care to clients
- Have a strong focus on group activities such as board games & word finds
- Certificate III in Individualised Support – Aged Care, (or equivalent) or studying towards
- Queensland Provisional or above licence – MR class an advantage
- High level of interpersonal, customer service and conflict resolution skills as well as flexibility
- Strong computer skills and the ability to follow written instructions, and record accurate notes
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate an advantage
Why choose Mercy Community?
- Increase your take home pay with salary sacrifice – up to $15,900 per annum tax free!
- Permanent opportunity available
- Discounted gym and other leisure/lifestyle membership
- Corporate health fund premium discounts
- Supportive team culture, work/life balance
- Career pathways for your long-term career development with us
How to apply:
We are a welcoming and inclusive organisation and encourage everyone from all cultural backgrounds to apply. If we sound like the right organisation for you and you would like to find out more, simply click on the following link - https://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS10058, attach your resume, answer some quick questions, and your application will be on its way.
Thank you for your interest in working with us, and we hope to be in contact with you soon.
Mercy Community is a Catholic not-for-profit, compassionately inspiring and supporting people to live hopeful, connected lives within inclusive communities. We support families and young people, people living with a disability, and older people, and live by our values of Compassion, Integrity, Dignity and Empowerment.
We have been providing services and support for over 150 years and our team operates across a network that encompasses urban, rural and remote communities. Please visit our website to find out more about our dedicated team and the work we do.
Mercy Community has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Mercy Community hires to show proof of up-to-date vaccinations from COVID-19.
Mercy is committed to Safeguarding - taking actions to promote and ensure the welfare of children and adults at risk, protect them from abuse or neglect and supporting an awareness of whole community responsibility to help and protect all in need.
Please note: Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
Successful candidates are responsible for their own relocation expenses.
We are seeking to fill this role as soon as possible, therefore selection processes will be undertaken while the campaign is open with the view that it will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has accepted an offer of employment.