Healius is one of Australia's leading publically listed healthcare companies. The Healius Pathology subsidiary SDS Pathology is an amalgamated business comprised of a number of well-established brands across Australia.
QML Pathology is a comprehensive medical laboratory and pathology practice with laboratory and patient pathology collection centre locations throughout Queensland, Northern NSW and Tasmania (Tasmanian Medical Laboratories).
About the role
An exciting opportunity exists for Pathology Specimen Collectors/Phlebotomists to join our QML Collections Team and grow a career with QML Pathology, part of Healius, a progressive Healthcare leader. These Part Time & Casual positions will be required to work various shifts Monday to Friday and participate in a weekend and public holiday roster as required. The successful candidate will receive full training, join a friendly and professional team dedicated to patient care and a company committed to excellence for our patients, our doctors, and our people.
Your Duties will include:
- Collection of blood and other samples from patients.
- Packaging and dispatching of specimens.
- Stock maintenance.
- Greeting patients and assisting with appointments and requests.
- Receiving and receipting of patient account payments.
- Providing advice on special requirements, preparation and instructions for tests; and
- Compliance and adherence with QML Pathology policies and procedures, and Workplace Health and Safety procedures.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate:
- An outstanding patient / customer focus.
- A willingness to adhere to departmental and organisational policies and procedures.
- High aptitude for learning and retaining information.
- A willingness and confidence to work independently in a solo clinic.
- Must be a cohesive and contributing member of the team and display positive attitudes towards achieving outcomes.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- The ability to cope and thrive in a busy environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
- A current Australian Open Driver’s Licence required; and
- Demonstrated experience & knowledge in Phlebotomy or a Cert III in Pathology would be advantageous.
If this role appeals to you and aligns well with your qualities, skills and experience, please forward your application to email@example.com
Initial enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org